- Cooking: 10
- Serves: 4
- 1 tsp Organic Turmeric Powder
- 4 cups of boiling water
- Fresh lemon
- Fresh ginger
- Good source of potassium, iron and magnesium
- No preservatives
- Antioxidant rich
- It is used in most Indian curries
- Add some zest to cooked vegetables and meat dishes
- Add into pasta and soups. Add to rice – creates a beautiful colour and flavour
- Add to scrambled eggs or frittatas
- Toss it with roasted vegetables – goes especially well with cauliflower, potatoes and root vegetables
- Drink as a tea
- Add one teaspoon of Organic Turmeric Powder to 4 cups of boiling water.
- Reduce and let simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Strain using a very fine sieve.
- Add lemon, ginger and a dash of cinnamon to taste.
Organic Turmeric Powder is made by grinding mature turmeric rhizomes (the stems underground). This amazing spice is rich in dietary fibre, iron, potassium, magnesium and Vitamin B6. Turmeric contains an active component called curcumin which has therapeutic value and may boost immunity. This bright yellow/orange powder is also known to have anti inflammatory properties.
This powder is slightly warm to taste with a peppery flavour. Powders are a great way to get nutritional benefits in a simple, easy to use form.