- Preparation: 5 min
- Cooking: 15 min
Sweet and Spicy Toasted Pepitas
- 2 cups pepitas
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg white (beaten until frothy)
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heart healthy magnesium
- Plant based Omega 3
- Wheat & Gluten Free
- Preheat oven to 350degF (check for Celcius).
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix pepitas, sugar, egg white, chilli powder, cinnamon, sea salt and cumin in a medium bowl. Stir in cayenne pepper.
- Spread pepitas in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake until pepitas are golden and dry, stirring occasionally, approx. 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, separate with a fork while still warm.
- Cool and serve.