- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Serves: 4
Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Feta
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 150g (1 cup) of SF quinoa, rinsed, drained
- Olive Oil
- 2 bunches asparagus with the bottom trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 large red capsicum, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 75g (1/2 cup) crumbled reduced-fat feta
- 40g (1/4 cup) SF healthy seed mix
- 4 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1.5 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp Biogenic olive oil
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- High in protein
- Low in fat
- Gluten free
- Good replacement for rice
- Bring quinoa and water to boiling point in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat a large pan on high with oil. Cook asparagus for 2-3 min or until tender. Add the asparagus, capsicum, feta, SF healthy seed mix, shallot and continental parsley to cooked quinoa.
- Whisk lemon juice, honey, Biogenic olive oil and sweet paprika in a bowl until well combined. Add dressing and rocket to the quinoa mixture. Season with pepper and toss to combine.
High in protein, low in fat and tastes great – Try this one with the family, or wow your friends at the next summer BBQ outing.
Quinoa originates from the Andes in Sth America and has been utilised as an essential dietary food by the Andeans for centuries. Quinoa is a tiny, nutritious seed packed with Protein and Gluten Free. Quinoa can be substituted for most cereals, used in salads, and is a good replacement for rice.
Pepitas, Sunflower seeds and Sesame seeds are all providers of Polyunsaturated Fats or Essential Fatty acids. The SF Healthy Seed Mix consists of all three ingredients in a handy snack size bag.