- Serves: 12
Puffed Quinoa Cacao Crackles
Chocolate Crackles with a difference Recipe
- 1/4 cup SF Health Foods melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup SF Health Foods Organic Rice Malt Syrup
- 2 tbsp. SF Health Foods Organic Cacao Powder
- 2 tbsp. SF Health Foods Coconut Chips or Shredded Coconut
- 1 1/2 cups SF Health Foods Organic Puffed Quinoa
- organic, gluten and wheat free, no sodium, now fat, good source of fibre and protein
- a nutritious supergrain, delicious, light and slightly nutty in texture
- no cooking needed
- no additives or preservatives
- very light and easy to digest, low GI
- A perfect light snack.
- An easy breakfast with a drizzle of SF Organic Rice Malt Syrup and sliced fruit.
- Mix in with yoghurt.
- Can be tossed in salads.
- Can also be baked in muffins, added to a stir fry or casserole, frittatas or vegetarian patties.
- Avery versatile supergrain.
- Mix all the ingredients except the Organic Puffed Quinoa, in a large bowl until combined
- Then add the Organic Puffed Quinoa
- Spoon into small cupcake patties
- Refrigerate until set. Enjoy.
Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) is an ancient nutritious grain. It contains more protein than any other grain with a good balance of all essential amino acids (the building blocks of protein). Puffed Quinoa is achieved through heating. The result is a very light puffed grain.