Pepita Parsley Pesto
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Heart healthy magnesium
- Plant based Omega 3
- Toast seeds in a heavy fry pan over medium heat, stirring frequently until golden in spots and puffed, approx. 4 minutes.
- Mince and mash garlic to a paste with ½ teaspoon salt, then transfer to a food processor.
- Add parsley and ¼ teaspoon pepper and pulse until chopped.
- Add cheese and seeds and process until seeds are finely chopped.
- With processor still running, add oil in a slow and steady stream through tube.