- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 12 min
- Serves: 12
- 450g (3 cups) self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 100g SuperFoods FIBRE Blend
- 80g butter, cubed, at room temperature
- 250ml (1 cup) milk, at room temperature
- Self raising flour, extra
Sprinkle on cereal, add to baking, perfect in muffins, use as a coating for meat; a delicious way to add more fibre to your diet.
- Preheat oven to 220*C.
- Combine the SuperFoods FIBRE blend, self raising flour and caster sugar in a medium bowl.
- Use your fingertips to rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk in all at once.
- Use a round bladed knife to mix together using a cutting motion slowly until the mixture begins to hold together. If the dough feels a little dry, add more milk.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently about 4- 5 times with your hands, by pressing and then turning until the dough is just smooth.
- Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out the dough until about 2cm thick.
- Use a round 5cm pastry cutter to cut out the scones and place them on a baking tray about 1cm apart.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until golden and cooked through or insert a skewer – if comes out clean, they are ready.