- Preparation: 15 MINS
- Cooking: 75 MINS
- Serves: 5-10
Festive Fruit 'n' Nut Cake Recipe
- 1 kg SF Health Foods Festive Fruit & Nut Mix
- 3/4 cup Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 2 tablespoons Orange Marmalade Spread
- 2 tablespoons SF Health Foods Linseed, Sunflower & Almond Blend (L.S.A.)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier OR Brandy
- 2 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Extra SF Health Foods Walnuts or SF Health Foods Brazil nuts to decorate (optional)
Heat oven to 150C or 140C if using fan forced
Line 20cm square cake tin with baking paper
- Place fruit and nut mixture in a large bowl, stir in alcohol and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Stir in marmalade, sugar, spices and L.S.A. gradually add the flour until all mixture is well combined.
- Add the beaten eggs and stir until all mixture is well combined and sticky.
- Spoon evenly into prepared tin; decorate top with extra nuts and bake for 45 minutes. Place brown paper or foil loosely over cake tin and continue to bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven, stand on a wire rack until cool, then remove from tin.
- Using a SHARP smooth edge knife cut cake into three bars and wrap each firmly in foil, then store in fridge in a plastic bag. Serve in thin slices.
Serve up a delicious healthy Christmas Cake this Christmas.
Or cut into gift size servings, gift-wrap in clear cellophane paper and share with family and friends.
Will last up to 2-3 months when refrigerated.